Sunday, April 28, 2013

Inspiration Journal

I am completely journal and notebook obsessed. The moment I see a cute or unique notebook or journal I have to buy it. I just love writing my thoughts, quotes, and filling the pages with the wanderings of my mind. My favorite journal is my inspiration journal.
I started this Journal when I did the "Make Things Happen" process created by Lara Casey which I am also, completely obsessed with. It truly inspired me to get fired up and to get my dreams and ideas rolling. Even a couple years after staring the journal I still follow the steps to this process when I'm feeling low or need to re-focus, or get inspired. 
Some of the steps include writing down every single one of your fears because most of the time, fear itself ends up being one of the main components that holds you back from making things happen and going after something you truly do want.
Some other steps are writing down the excuses you make, the people you spend most of your time with and how they make you feel, what you are grateful for, what are the main distractions in your life, and what are your big ideas, what you want to make happen. 
It's such a good way to get perspective and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone!

So what has started off as just a notebook to use for that process has become a notebook filled with so much more. My dreams, passions, shoot ideas, journal entries, branding and packaging sketches and designs, notes from seminars and quotes that motivate and inspire. 

I loooove writing in journals and if I were to give some advice I would say. 

1. Get a journal.
2. Start writing.
3. Gather quotes and sayings that you love
and smash them all together on a page in
different designs and handwriting
4. Collect snippets of pictures from
magazines or ones you have taken
and make collages that inspire you!
5. Write down certain words that inspire you.
it may sound silly but inspiration is
everywhere and words are powerful.

Write about anything! Write about your ideas, dreams, and where you really want to be in life. Honestly, get as specific as possible! Because for some reason, the second you get it on paper, everything becomes more clear. 
So write on babes!




1 comment:

  1. Great Post! I was wondering in the picture with the quote page... "Done is better than perfect"-Scott Allen... Did my dad say that or is that another Scott Allen??! haha!

    ReplyDelete