Monday, February 18, 2013

Display Designs and Valentines

This week I'll be participating in the RAW art show in Salt Lake City. It's a really cool show that features about 40 artists from painters and photographers to make-up artists, bands and fashion designers! It's this Thursday and I've been really busy building my display to showcase some of my fashion and concept shoots. If you would like to come you can get tickets at this site http://www.rawartists.org/emilieannphotography
I'm pretty excited and so far I've met a lot of amazing people who are so passionate about what they do! The display is coming along and I decided to make it allll from scratch! I'll post about the actual show after Thursday but here are some pictures of the display "in the making."

Valentine's was also extremely different this year. For the past two I've celebrated with my sweetheart Tyler. But since he was gone it was a little well, different. Not sad or lonely. Just different. I was still happy because I had sent Tyler a letter bomb the whole week of Valentines (which meant he got a letter every day with a different theme leading up to Valentine's) along with a small package for the actual day! Little did I know, he actually sent me a package as well that I just barely got today! It was a total surprise! So after celebrating love day by going to see Safe Haven with the girls and eating pink cupcakes at work, I was relieved to say one Valentine's day down and one to go! I haven't always loved Valentine's day. But I really felt so much love this year from seriously everyone around me! I'm so grateful to have such caring and amazing people in my life! Especially my sweet Valentine who is working so hard in California. It's been an extremely happy week :)
















2 comments:

  1. Hey lady. Love the blog. Where in California did you darling missionary go?

    Glad to see things are going well! If I wasn't in a show this week, I would totally have come to your art show. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailee!! Thanks so much! Tyler is in San Bernardino California, Spanish Speaking :) I'm sad you couldn't make it to the show but I'm sad I couldn't make it to YOUR performance!! I hope it went wonderfully! You are so gosh darn talented!!

      Delete